Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
- Ivory Alfani A35 Steviee Pull On Booties, Black
- Women Canvas shoes Woman Ladies Casual shoes Lady Loafers Women's Flats shoes
- AN Womens Spikes Stilettos Pointed-Toe Urethane Pumps shoes DGU00675
- Exton 609 Lace-up Heels Man
- Hole shoes Spring Men's Casual shoes Metal Patent Leather Flat shoes Peas shoes
- Reebok Men's Club C 85 Perf V68490 Black Beach Stone Chalk shoes
- Adidas Predator LZ TRX FG Footballshoes Men
- Grey Saucony Originals Grid Sd Premium Public Garden , Men’s Sneakers
- Quality.A Women's Loafers Low Heel Casual shoes Walking shoes
- Cloudless Platform Pumps shoes Women Stilettos Wedding Evening Party Sexy High Heels
- My Little Nest Women's Top Handle Satchel Handbag Beautiful Boho Dreamcatcher Ladies PU Leather Shoulder Bag Crossbody Bag
- Kenneth Cole New York Womens Abbey Platform Lace-up Techni-Cole Sneaker Sneaker
- Marwar Women Genuine Leather Kanken Backpack for Teenage Girls
- Mostand heeled-sandals High Heels Summer Style Platform for Night Club Heels 9CM
- Women's Boots, Large Size Women's shoes PU Fabric High Boots Plush Lining Non-Slip Soles Winter Warm Women's Boots, Comfortable Casual shoes,Black,40
- T-JULY Fashion Women Casual Wedge shoes Pu Leather Patchwork Lace-up Ladies Sneakers shoes
- No.66 Town Women's Cow Leather Martin Boots
- VLLY Men's Thick Plush Lining Microsuede Indoor Outdoor Slip On Moccasin Slippers (FBA)
- Pleaser Womens Illu2017rsf Fstpu M Boot
- Clarks Women's Charlie Cap Oxford
- Made In Italia - LEONCE
- Sanita Women's 45012620 Brown Suede Sandals
- Easy Go Shopping New Men's Business Oxford Casual Microfiber Leather Formal shoes 2 (6cm) Taller Removable Height Increasing Insole Cricket shoes (color Taller Brown, Size 6.5 UK)
- Black Black Black Nike Womens in-Season Trainer 7 Cross Trainer
- JaHGDU Fashion Women Sandals Wild Sexy Elegant Comfortable Soft Summer Boom shoes Personality Wedges Weave Middle Heel Sandals
- Adidas predator absolion LZ TRX SG mens football boots Q21720 soccer cleats soft ground
- Hudson Men's's Hayane Suede Derby
- Zoot Men's M Carlsbad Running shoes
- Nike Mens Tanjun Premium Running Sneaker Black Black Anthracite 11
- Fancyww Women's Cross Ankle Strap Flats Loafers Casual Ladies shoes
- DecoStain Women's Bowtie Synthetic High Heel Ankle High Boots
- BalaMasa Womens Firm-Ground Platform Puncture-Resistant Urethane Sandals ASL04973
- WeiPoot Women's Round Closed Toe Lace-up Fabric Floral Kitten-Heels Pumps-shoes
- Owaheson Platform Lace up Sneaker Casual Chunky Walking shoes Low Top Women Huge Waves Bouncing Dolphins
- Kaporal Jeans - Kaporal Women's Dress Buffy bluee
- GIY Women's Classic Wingtip Tassel Oxford shoes Vintage Slip-On Block Mid Heel Dress Brogues Oxfords Black
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.